Reserve Management Plan (2008)
The Applicants will prepare and implement, in coordination with USFWS
and the California Department of Fish and Game (DFG), a comprehensive
strategy for the conservation of the San Joaquin kit fox, vernal pool
branchiopods and plants and other protected species to guide the
development and implementation of specific conservation for the Proposed
Parameter 1 also specifies that:
The Conservation Strategy will include monitoring and adaptive
management measures and be consistent with and intended to implement
the Recovery Plan for Upland Species of the San Joaquin Valley, and any
future federal recovery planning effort.
The Conservation Strategy, to which this Plan contributes, identifies 13 target
species for conservation. Of these species, the nine species listed below are
known to occur on conservation lands and are the focus of management attention.
- Succulent owl’s-clover (Castilleja campestris ssp. succulenta).
- Colusa grass (Neostapfia colusana).
- San Joaquin Valley orcutt grass (Orcuttia inaequalis).
- Conservancy fairy shrimp (Branchinecta conservatio).
- Vernal pool fairy shrimp (Branchinecta lynchi).
- Midvalley fairy shrimp (Branchinecta mesovallensis).
- Vernal pool tadpole shrimp (Lepidurus packardi).
- California tiger salamander (Ambystoma californiense).
- San Joaquin kit fox (Vulpes macrotis mutica) (suitable habitat only).